Friday, April 9, 2010

Soft Serve Syringe

The pre-k physical is scheduled for this afternoon. Mommy and I have been prepping him by repeating that fact that he'll have to get shots. In the past, he's taken them like a champ. I don't think a single shot has made him cry (the anticipation is worse for him than the actual sticking).

However this time he is a little worried. I told him he'll probably have to get a few shots. He understands that being around more kids means being around more germs, so he's ok with the potential three or more stickings.

I know he's been thinking about it a lot because this morning, while we were sitting on the couch, he started rubbing his arm. I asked him what the matter was and he looked at me and said, "I wish getting shots didn't hurt. Getting a shot should feel like eating ice cream."

No comments: