Thursday, September 24, 2009

Destructive fun

When I was little I had a thing against mixing my toys. I would never take my GI Joe's and use them with my He-Man toys or my Ghostbusters and use them with my Thundercats. I guess it all started with the whole Transformers/GoBots/generic transforming robots situation: grandparents and the like would always get transforming robots and think there was no differnce between those and actual Transformers, but to an 8 year old boy...there was a big difference. A turquoise blue and silver peacock that transforms into a slender, feminine male robot just doesn't have the same appeal as a giant tank that transforms into a jet, a plane and an evil giant robot with guns.

Out of habit, I guess, I do the same thing with Declan. I try to keep toy integrity, but this time Declan got the best of me. He brought up a mixing of toys that I couldn't say no to. He looked at me with that evil boy twinkle in his eyes and said, "Can we build a giant wall of Legos and smash my monster truck through them?"

How could I say no to such boy-logic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good boy