Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A bit of winter reflection


As I sit here drinking my coffee and eating my whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, I'm looking out the kitchen window. I still see naked trees, piles of snow and the ground is covered in a bland, faded green. Visually, it still seems like winter is on its last legs, however I feel it is officially deceased and spring is upon us.

I've felt this way since last Thursday. I remember waking up and looking out the window. Everything was sunny, yet snow covered. But it was refreshing. It felt like spring. And with that feeling,all of the stir craziness, the cabin fever and the frosty stagnation just went away. It felt different. So the last week or so, I've been enjoying the days a lot more.

It's also given me a little bit of motivation for the upcoming months. Throughout the winter months, being home with Declan, I feel as thought we didn't do a lot. I won't sit here and say that it was a negative experience or that I have regrets, but I do feel that we could have done more through the winter (just take a look at the sparseness of the posts).

So what is coming? A trip to the science museum and the local natural history museum, a puppet theater, endless trips to the park, road trips and tons of spring and summer fun. I may even repost some of my ols favorites from the old family blog too.

I feel like we have to make these next two seasons count. After all this is his last summer before school starts. ;)

No comments: