Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hey, he wanted it.

Over the last few days it hasn't exactly been too hot, but rather too humid. Every time we'd go outside, lil man was wearing a crown of sweaty hair in about two minutes.

So assessing the situation, I noticed that the little mister's hair looked like a 1970s high school kid's hair during gym class. Not cool.

So this morning we set aside some time for a haircut. I have a decent pair of clippers and I must say, this little $30 investment has saved hundreds of, and potentially over a thousand dollars, by cutting our own hair through the years, especially during my time in the military.

Your best bet is to set aside about 40 minutes (if you're just starting out, maybe 60 minutes) to do the whole thing. I strongly recommend a DVD, in this case, one about bugs we picked up from the library.

As for clean up, it was a dustpan and brush, a plastic grocery bag ad the good ole Swiffer. Not too shabby. As for cleaning up the little mister...a good shower did the trick.

I stripped down little man to his Superman undies, plopped him on a stool and, after wrapping him in a towel with a chip clip, went to work. I was just going to give him a little trim, but he wanted a "Marine haircut" like his daddy gets sometimes, so away I went.

The hair discussion as of late was to keep it longer on the top, but alas...he wanted it.

(I think the muscle shirt sets it off nicely)

6 comments:

debbie doucette said...

look out gq magazine!

Anonymous said...

Lamar the Revenger says "WAY TO GO DECLAN!!" It's about time you got a decent haircut. I want Alex to get something like that but Michelle won't let me... yet. With the clippers, as long as you have a steady hand, homemade haircuts are the best.. unless your father-in-law is a barber and has to barber set up in his basement. That's even better!

Ellie Hogentogler said...

nice job - I like it! two thumbs up :o)

Anonymous said...

" I like your haircut declan i love it alot and i would like you to come over to my house after my birthday. and i would like to go to your house and play with you because you have a haircut like me. i thought that was somebody else but it's declan. i like it soo much that i would like to have a parade of haircuts at my house and your house" -Isabelle, to Declan

"Uh-oh" "maybe Declan got a hair cut because i got a haircut"

Anonymous said...

Declan please write us back soon from Isabelle

Mom S. said...

It's not only the shirt, check out that smile!!!! Dapper Declan!!!