Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Routine Routine Routine

One thing I've learned only after a short while is that routine is key. Something else is that I need to play off of his mood. Yesterday, after nap, he was groggy and a little grumpy, but it was time to go to the library. So getting ready to go created a little tension for him and for me. That can be corrected not by yelling and time outs, but by simple schedule changes. We could have gone in the morning.

The balance regarding schedule can be a little frustrating, but I think we'll settle in just fine. I was thinking of introducing arts and crafts into the mix and I wanted to do it in the morning, but throwing my schedule against it too may require a little adjustment. So this week is experiment week, I believe.

I have my things I want/need to do, he has his things he wants/needs to do and we have our necessary things to do together, like learning, arts and crafts, getting out of the house, etc., so it's going to take a nice juggling act to settle in to the happy medium, but once we get there, we should be ok.

I'll check in later to let you know how it goes today with a heavy Dad list of things to do on my docket today...

1 comment:

Mom S. said...

You're doing such a great job, Zach!!! Declan is such a VERY lucky boy! Can't wait to see what's next!!!
xoxoxox