Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whistle while we work

Today during learning time we learned about chores. What are some chores and more importantly, why we do chores.

Before my time home with Declan began, I made some minor preparations, one of which was getting a chore chart (which I highly recommend doing some kind of organized chart for daily routine). The chore chart has different sections like 'take care of myself', 'take care of my room', 'around the house', etc. It's really a good thing.

Aside from chores for Declan, we learned about some of Mommy and Daddy's chores. Washing dishes, doing laundry, etc. And seeing as how today is trash gathering day, we learned about why we take the trash out. And what's a better learning tool than Shel Silverstein? We read of the perilous journey of good old Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout.

Then we took a trip around the house to make sure we did our chores. And he helped me with some of mine.






















1 comment:

Mom S said...

Gee I wish I had pictures of when YOU used to do chores. Oh, but wait! You DIDN'T do chores!!! hahahahaha!